2023 Scholarship Details
We are giving away ONE $3,000 scholarship and FOUR $1,000 scholarships to high school students this year!
How to enter:
Submit an essay (500 words minimum) on the following topic:
In a recent CNBC study, fifty-four percent of Gen-Zers said they spend at least four hours daily on social media, and almost 2 in 5 (38%) spend even more time than that. By 2027, it is estimated that social media use will increase to almost six billion people.
- What is your opinion(s) on how your generation is using social media?
- What have you learned from your past experiences using the different social media platforms and what advice do you have for your peers? Where do you see it going in the next five years?
- Finally, as you think of the evolution of technology, how do you think it can positively impact your local communities and create opportunities?
Remember there are no right or wrong answers, we are interested in your honest opinion, experiences, and future leadership impact on the topic.
Essay submission deadline: June 1st 2023
- You must be in high school or graduating from high school in 2023.
- We are also asking that you provide at least one letter of recommendation from a teacher or counselor.
- When you’re done, send it ALL to [email protected]
The committee will review your essay and provided information and reach a decision by (July 1st 2023).
Recipients will be announced via Social Media by mid-July and must be present during the award ceremony to receive their award for media purposes.
- Time and place of ceremony will be determined once all winners are contacted by a SCCLR representative.
About SCCLR’s Scholarships:
For the past 16 years, SCCLR has provided over $100,000+ in scholarship funds to the most enthusiastic and motivated students across the Northwest Indiana and Chicago region. We encourage you to be apart of next years’ recipient list so you can begin to make your mark within the community and your own life.